Bakuchiol is the newest replacement for retinols designed to treat the skin for a number of maladies. Fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin surfaces as well as hyperpigmentation are all enormously common and found in every culture. While Retinols are the standard dermatologist go-to, the various forms of retinols and other collagen irritants are often too much for the user to tolerate. Bakuchiol is a naturally derived, clean beauty star that fills this void. Made from the Indian babchi plant, Bakuchiol is an antioxidant, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. At first glance, the two ingredients look almost identical: Bakuchiol has the same gene expression as retinol, so they both up-regulate the production of collagen and elastin.
- Retail isn’t Dead at the Spa!Retail May Be Dead, but Not at the Spa! Why do department stores still out-sell spas in the retail arena? Am I having a bad dream or is this really happening?! They don’t know the clients’ skin type. They aren’t licensed in skin care or beauty. The lighting is dreadful. The price points are high.… […]
- “We Work” for Wellness“We Work” for wellness and spas isn’t such a bad idea. The We Work model of sharing an office space including reception, conference space is a concept that took off like lightening when initially introduced. Why? Renting office space by the day or the hour or by city at a whim is not new. Why… […]
- Microbiome Explored by LorealOur skin is crawling with bacteria and viruses?! What a horror, one would think. Guive Balooch, vice president of L’Oréal’s Technology Incubator, wants us to think differently about these seemingly unsavory organisms, which are hugely beneficial to the health and beauty of our skin. Microbiome is at the core of L’Oréal Research and Innovation, with… […]
- Finding a Return PolicyAs retailers battle for market share, return policies become an important issue. What do you do with the customer who returns an empty bottle of facial cream? How does one increase purchases without increasing returns? Researchers at the University of Texas conducted a meta-study of 21 journal articles about return policies. The secret? Actually, the… […]
- Fast Spa BeautyFast Spa Beauty Just when you were thinking of the chant, “om” and calm, there is a faster paced demand out there for beauty efficiently performed right now. As unique as your skin type or massage preferences, the many manifestations of on demand beauty. The emphasis is on convenience, efficiency and quality. This might look… […]