New trends in foundations include a number of unique approaches to the endless search for individualized, flawless coverage, tone and finish. Some recent options include:
- Sponge foundation with liquid, natural coverage and the ability to layer additional applications as needed or for concealer or blemishes or under the eye dark shadows.
- Pure color tint that can be blended with virtually any kind of base such as gels, lotions, creams and oil free mediums. Pure color tint must either be custom blended or color matched by a make-up designer.
- Spray on foundation to even out base foundation and/or to set a fresh application of makeup.
- Liquid powder foundation that looks like the skin is foundation free as well as feels like the skin is freshly cleansed and dewy soft.
- “Bronzing” by adding contouring and various textures to the natural skin tone creating a healthy glow and perfect finish to the desired look.